We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Friday, March 8, 2013

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (#4, Fiction)

I wanted to really like this book.  But it fell short.  It had so many good pieces, and good ideas.  I love the in-depth and scientific descriptions of flowers and how I learned that having sunflowers at my wedding was a major faux pas according to the narrator (false riches!).  Maybe my opinion of the book stems from my lacking knowledge of the foster system.  I cannot possibly understand what it is like to not have a family, so maybe I just have to take the author at her word and accept that the main character's constant need to ruin anything good going on in her life is a real trait of foster kids.

Three stars out of five.

No comments: