We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Face by Dean Koontz (#6, Fiction)

I haven't read a Dean Koontz book since I was 13 years old. I can't remember the name of the book, but it scared the sh*# out of me! (After a little google searching, I believe the name of the book was Cold Fire.)

I try not to read "scary" books because I am often left wide awake and terrified, unable to fall back to sleep, but sometimes I just can't help myself. My mom suggested The Face as a decent Koontz book and I was due for an easy read, so I thought, what the heck?

It is what it is--and I was entertained. I don't know that I would recommend it to people--maybe as a spooky beach read, but that is about it.

Like Stephen King, I wonder about Dean Koontz... how do you come up with these psycho killers and crazy sci-fi themes? I'm pretty glad my mind does not come up with that sort of imagination!

No comments: