We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Inferno by Dan Brown (#11, Fiction)

I'm always going to like this book more than others do, or more than it deserves because I read it one week before going to Italy.  I had no idea it was about Italy, let alone took place in Florence and Venice--two of the three places I would be visiting just a week away. 

I certainly took a closer look above me as I crossed the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, and wowed my friends with my knowledge of the Doge Palace in Venice.  But, that said, this one wasn't your best Mr. Brown.

Upon quick reflection I was like, wow, solid wrap up there at the end.  But the more I thought about it and talked about it I realized that the entire "quest" was pointless.  No one died, the catastrophe was not averted, and basically everyone was running around for no reason. 

It's been a slow but continual decline in interest with each book, but I'm sure I'll jump on the bandwagon next time around anyway.

2 out of 5

No comments: