We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Black Cat by Martha Grimes (#22, Fiction)

Not exactly my typical mystery series, not quite gruesome or suspenseful enough for my taste. 

Pros of this book:  there were chapters that included cats and dogs talking to each other. Cons of this book: there were chapters that included cats and dogs talking to each other.  Apparently Mungo the dog is something of a sleuth.

After finishing I found out this is book #22 of the Richard Jury mystery series, so I was a bit behind in understand who all the characters were, because they definitely played an integral part in the plot--even if not the central killers/killees.

But really, how can I resist a book titled The Black Cat?

Mystery genre: 2 out of 5

No comments: