We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (#23, Fiction)

I'm a big fan of book club, so a group of women getting together to chat, knit and drink wine sounds pretty fun to me as well.  Actually, the knitting part really doesn't interest me at all as I have very limited capacity for time consuming, detail oriented, artsy type do it yourself projects.  But, as you can imagine, the book really isn't about knitting, but rather the relationships the women form during their weekly "meetings." 

It was a good attempt at a coming of age, character/relationship development book.  The ending seemed like it was going to end extremely tidy and then it just takes a nose dive.  I did not see it coming.

3 out of 5.

No comments: