We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson (#29, Fiction)

Talk about a page-turner.  Before I Go To Sleep came highly recommended by a trusted reader friend.  Even when she compared it to Gone Girl (a book that I was not a fan of) I went ahead took the chance. 

I loved it.  It took me less than 24 hours to finish and I was all in from the start.  Because my friend did tell me it was "like" Gone Girl, I think I was reading it with an extra critical eye.  Who was the culprit? Who was the bad guy? No one was free of my questions, very similar to that of the narrator, Christine, who wakes up every day with no recollection of the previous day, week, year, decade--neither she nor I knew or trusted anyone.

I highly recommend this one.  It's an easy read, but also well-written and has a nice conclusion, which I feel often fall short in page-turner type books.

4.5 out of 5.

No comments: