We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Thursday, January 4, 2007

50 Books in One Year

A failed book club behind us, Becks and I have decided to rise to the challenge and attempt to each read 50 books in the year 2007. Can this be done? Of course. Will we become obsessed with accomplishing this task? Probably. Will our tired eyes cry out in pain when reach books 40-50? Perhaps. But it will all be worth it.

Now for the rules. Don't think there aren't limits and guidelines to our little challenge. We must read ten nonfiction books, ten literary classics, and ten books that are considered contemporary literature. The other twenty books can be whatever we like. Let's just hope that we will both be able to resist the urge to read a string of toilet paper novels.

1 comment:

Karl said...

Should I be concerned that it's already January 9th and you guys haven't finished your first book? Or if you have, that you haven't posted about it yet? Either way, you're being delinquent. I'm an edgy guy; I need assurances of progress, of a mission accomplished, baby steps, some sign that you haven't fallen hopelessly behind. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I was too agitated, too fretful that I'd put all my dreams in folks who don't have the proper motivation. Give me something, ladies. How does it go?