We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (#32, Young Adult)

I was disappointed by what was supposed to be the third and final installment of the Inheritance trilogy. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to learn halfway through the book that there was too much to fit in and that instead of finishing the series with Brisingr, Christopher Paolini will be writing a fourth book. 

I suppose I shouldn't be annoyed by this but for some reason I am. I struggled to maintain interest in this book and was actually hoping to be done with the series. I am not overly attached to these characters and sadly I find Paolini's writing skills to be lacking. Will I be able to plod through another book to get the answers? Maybe. 

No comments: