We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Associate by John Grisham (#36, Fiction)

Hello Mr. Grisham, it's been awhile since I've visited your works of fiction. I'm sorry to say that this was not your best showing.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like his books are written with the intent to be turned into movies? I could almost see famous actors in the roles as I read. Scarlett Johannson or maybe Kate Bosworth as Dale, Shia LaBeouf as Kyle, etc etc. And the way his chapters are set up are perfectly formulated for changes of scene, and the sort of back and forth in time. It's a bit FORMULAIC shall we say.

Hindsight's a bitch, but I think this novel falls last in the line of other Grisham novels I have read. Sorry buddy, you dropped the ball here.

No comments: