We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Girlcook by Hannah Mccouch (#38, Reader's Choice)

I am embarrassed to have to post about this book. I don't know why I picked it. Becky took one look and announced it's chick lit status. I don't know why I couldn't see that that is exactly what this book was. I guess I wanted to learn about cooking?

This book was bad. It was your typical chick lit. The main character was the requisite twenty-something living on her own and trying to make her way in a big city. She struggles with guys, her career and her looks. It had very little substance and was pretty horrible overall--even for this genre. I could have written a better book without even trying. The fact that they published this gives me hope that one day my novel will make it to the shelves too.

I promise something of a little more substance for my next book!

No comments: