We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (#23, Fiction)

Book #4 of the Outlander series. I can't believe I have made it this far. Although, I feel quite content with my place in the world of Jamie and Claire.

In the past I have either been vehemently against continuing the series, or almost Twilight-esque sure of reading the next book. At this point I feel quite apathetic about it--I may, I may not. Right now I'm leaning towards no, but who knows, I could be at the book store or library in search of that easy, absorbing book where you know EXACTLY what to expect. And that is when Outlander #5 could come into play. (yeah, I don't even know the title of the next one)

Side Note: I introduced this series to my old roommate Liz. I felt that I gave her the appropriate warnings and had been exposed to enough of her reading habits, and her open mind to books, that there was a chance she could enjoy it. Apparently, her sister saw her reading it, and said, "You are reading Dirty Diana!" Yes, apparently she had been accosted on the beach for reading a book by the author known as: Dirty Diana.

No comments: