We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Monday, June 1, 2009

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (#21, Fiction)

Normally I am hesitant about bestsellers. I will read a bestseller but I will go into it with low expectations. I had heard so many positive reviews about Water for Elephants from people I trusted that my expectations were way higher than normal.

Happily, it was a success! I think Sara Gruen can write a lovely story--it was simple, but well done. She also did her homework. Although the book is fiction she takes many factual accounts and stories and weaves them into a story of her own.

My two favorite parts about the book are the twist that works out so well, and the love of animals that many of the main characters have.

I am entirely satisfied with this as a bestseller and will happily read Gruen in the future.

No comments: