We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008--What books will the new year bring?

You didn't think we were just going to disappear once we accomplished one measly little goal, did you? I am back and I have a new challenge. I haven't talked with Steph yet, because I figure, new year, this time around we can tailor our reading to our own specific needs--ie. I am going to read 500 murder/mystery books and steph is going to read 500 time traveling/sci fi and/or chick lit . . . kidding!

But seriously, I found myself skipping a lot of books in 2007 that were either recommended to me or that I have always wanted to read because they were TOO LONG. Therefore, in 2008, the total number of books I read will not matter (well, I am a competitive fool so numbers always matter). But really, I am picking various categories/genres/time periods/authors and will stick with that genre etc. for a month or so, depending on how much I enjoy it or how many books I want to read from it. Some that I have come up with include, but are not limited to: Russian Authors--here I come Brothers Karamazov, French Authors--Les Miserables, American Literature--maybe some more Hemingway, Philosophy--I need some of this in my life, Poetry--I heart Robert Frost and need to be able to recite more of his work, Plays--there is still so much Shakespeare to read . . . and I am sure I will come up with more.

Sound fun? Oh, and because these are all pretty intense categories, I will be throwing in some trashy beach reads along the way--maybe even some more of the Time Traveling steph loves so much :)

No comments: