We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Stuart Little by E.B. White (#2, For Fun)

I remember loving this book when I was in second grade. What kind of child was I that I was okay with how the book ended??! Seriously, Stuart picks up to look for his friend the bird, and he leaves his family behind. The book just ends with him driving down the road in his little car heading off into the sunset. Does he not see how frantic his family is going to be? Yes, he is a mouse, but somehow human parents gave birth to a mouse, and they are going to be really sad when he never comes home. I guess when I was 7 I didn't think about the repercussions of him leaving home.

Done with the "for fun" for awhile and on to some French authors . . . let's see how long it is going to take me to read Les Miserables--so long! I hope I like it!

No comments: