We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson (#4, For Fun)

Um . . . sorry Mom, I didn't love it. It was quick, it was mysterious, but I think I really hated Lena and Burr--two of the main characters. They just seemed like a really dorky couple to me, seriously--making up stupid sounding games to play in the car. I don't know, that just rubbed me the wrong way. But, I suppose I have read worse.

It was your typical best seller book. A book for the masses, I am not the masses.

On a side note, can I just say that the book and author both lost major points before I even read the first word because of the author's first name/the way her name is spelled. Don't plague your children with randomly spelled fake names, it doesn't look or sound pretty.

No comments: