We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Better Single Than Sorry by Jen Schefft (#25, Nonfiction)

Am I embarrassed to post this? Yes. Do I regret reading it? No. We were in Books-A-Million at Myrtle Beach and I needed something light and possibly funny to entertain me for the last day at the beach and the plane ride. I blazed through this baby in two days and I even learned something! 

I would recommend this book to the newly single female. How can you read what Schefft writes and not feel empowered to be single? You really can't. Being single is not a curse, it is not something to be ashamed about. It is better to be single than to be in a relationship that is sucking the life out of you. It is better to stay strong and stick to your gut feeling than to stay with someone who you might not really want to be with. 

I liked Schefft's point about never compromising yourself in order to be in a relationship. You should never settle for anything less than what you deserve. 

No comments: