We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (#22, Young Adult)

I am a sucker for books in a series. I always have been and I probably always will be. There is just something very alluring to reading about the same characters over the course of several books. I enjoy the character development, the continuation of their story. It is probably the same reason why I really enjoy certain tv shows--nothing beats a nuanced character development that is only possible through multiple installments. 

The Twilight Saga Series is addicting. I moved onto New Moon almost immediately after having finished Twilight. With each book we learn more and more about the vampire culture, but the best part about these books, as cheesy and as directed at teenage girls as they are, is the love story. I like how Meyer represents love.  

No comments: