We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (#23, Young Adult)

As you can see, I am firmly entrenched in this series. I am not vouching for the quality of the writing but the stories are somewhat compelling. I can read this and not think about anything else. It is literary absorption at its best. These types of books are meant to be particularly well written, but perhaps there is something to learn from it. 

It is my belief that the answers to certain questions are sometimes right in front of your eyes and if you actually open them to look, you might just find what you are looking for. Here is a quote that jumped out at me and I can't help but go back to it: 

"...I can't be happy without him."

"You've never tried," he disagreed. "When he left, you spent all your energy holding on to him. You could be happy if you let go" (333).

Interesting thought. Who knew wisdom could come out of some teen romance? 

No comments: