We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Bounce Back Book by Karen Salmansohn (#28, Nonfiction)

Remember back in January when I declared 2008 the year of the self-help book? Well, I am still going strong. I am still reading books that will supposedly help me become a better person. Karen Salmansohn's The Bounce Back Book was an impulse purchase at the book store, but not one that I have come to regret. 

I rather enjoyed this little collection of tips on how to bounce back after going through a rough time.  It read like a magazine--it was fun, colorful, and most of all captivating. My biggest pet peeve when reading these self help books is how they lose steam halfway through. The writing becomes repetitive and boring and I eventually stop caring. Not so with this one. I was excited to open it up every time I got the chance. And while my own problem was not as horrible as Salmansohn's own personal tragedy, I felt like the solutions and tips she offered were still pertinent to my own situation. I will certainly be looking for more of her work and I would recommend this one to anyone who is looking for clues on how to bounce back.

No comments: