We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Monday, October 22, 2007

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (#34, Nonfiction)

Hello David Sedaris. I have been meaning to read this book for about two years. I bought it at the used book store on Congress that went out of business and just never got into it until I needed something funny after my last three depressing books. Sedaris is as funny as they say. One particular chapter had me busting out laughing at 11:30 at night alone in my room, wishing I had someone nearby to share his comic genius with. The next day I made at least three people read the three page chapter and enjoy the good belly laugh that comes from reading about fecal trouble at a party. And that is all I will say about that. Grab this book and read it, if only for that one chapter. I guarantee laughter.

The other chapters were amusing, if not laugh out loud funny. I am eager to read more of his books and probably will at some point in the near future.

No comments: