We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Monday, October 8, 2007

Spoiled Rotten America: Outrages of Everyday Life by Larry Miller (#31, Nonfiction)

Before reading Larry Miller's book I couldn't have told you who he was, and I still can't really place him, other than on the back flap it says he was in Pretty Woman. But who? I could picture his face but was unable to place his character, so I looked him up. Want to take a guess? This is his main line, "Just how obscene an amount of cash are we talking about here? Profane or really offensive?" Remember now? How could anyone forget?

He is clearly a funny man. I am guilty of giggling out loud in public multiple times while reading the book. The book is basically a collection of 17 short stories, which he often refers to as "crankys" or something like that. Each standing alone would probably be funnier than reading them all in one place, at least that is my take. I found him rather cynical and a bit holier than thou. I don't really have all that much to say. I didn't hate it or love it. But I laughed quite a bit, and that is always good.

No comments: