We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Deception Point by Dan Brown (#34, Lame)

I sadly end my 2008 list of books with Dan Brown's atrocious bomb, Deception Point. I tried to think of some witty way of saying how shitty this book was--you know, something with deception in the title but horrid fiction does little to inspire me and I drew a blank. I actually finished this before Christmas and stayed up late one night while I was home in New York reading to find out what the huge deception was.

It was underwhelming and awful and I am annoyed I close out the year with such a sham of a book. There is a reason I stay away from this type of book--it always disappoints. I even thought about not posting about this misstep but alas, I must truthfully record all of my literary endeavors for the year. Perhaps this will inspire only quality reads for 2009!

2 comments:

Bnizzle said...

Steph. I'm not sure that our reading this year quite matched up against last year. I was quickly counting up the "types" of books we read.... we were heavy on the "just for fun" this year. I think if you added up all our books, the majority of what we read was kid's books.... haha.

Justin Kloczko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.