We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The 2-Hour Tarot Tutor by Wilma Carroll (#6, nonfiction)

I have my roommate to thank for getting me into Tarot cards. She blew my mind when she read my cards this summer. I kid you not but the cards really did reflect everything that was going on with a boy at the time. The cards also predicted the outcome which is both scary and cool. And although Sarah uses a different deck, she sparked my own personal interest in Tarot cards.

I found Wilma Carroll's The 2-Hour Tarot Tutor at the library and didn't realize how great a book this is for teaching one to read the cards until I actually started to read it. It teaches you to look at the cards and "say what you see." That is more important than trying to memorize the meanings of the cards. Carroll reiterates her point hundreds of times in the book and I really do think this is an advantageous way to learn how to read the cards.

I also like her use of numerology and how she relates it to the cards. After calculating my personal number for the year of 2009, I was blown away by how accurate it was! Especially since last year's personal number was a 9, which means it was a time of endings, which it really was.

I have been browsing through other Tarot card books but this is the only one that I have been able to read cover to cover. I will be sad when I return this to the library--it has proven to be a useful resource.

No comments: