We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cross by James Patterson (#44, Reader's Choice)

Why do I feel guilty for having two "easy" reads in a row? We never said that all the books we read had to be of a certain quality. Yet, why do I feel like I am cheating when I throw in some beach reads? I keep telling myself I deserve some short easy books, I read the Fountainhead, and Invisible Man, and so many other long and important books. Clearly, I am talking myself into this, or better put, writing myself. Don't judge me for my choices . . . ;)

What does it say about Steph and I--her beach reads are generally cheesy chick books that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, and mine are generally murder mysteries. Actually that is how we choose television too. I would rather have to run around barefoot in the snow than be subjected to shows like the Hills and the likes, and she probably feels the same way about all the crime shows I watch. Analysis anyone?

So, Cross. I found it sitting in our extra bedroom and I thought, I like the movies, I like murder/mystery, I will give it a shot. Honestly, it fit my beach read criteria, most importantly I don't want to turn back time and unread it. Clearly, it is not "literature" but it is kind of fun to read about a man called "The Butcher" killing people left and right--at least it made me want to lock the door last night!

No comments: