We survived our 50 books in one year challenge. In 2009 we are still reading...

Monday, December 31, 2007

You're Not That Into Him Either by Ian Kerner (#49, Reader's Choice)

All right, this book's cover is atrocious. I mean, what woman in their right mind is going to wear the outfit that she's wearing? I don't even know where you would go dressed like that. It appears as if she is wearing a hideous pink shirt coupled with a bathing suit bottom. Is she laying out in the sun? Is she chilling at her house? I do not know. I read this book mostly in the airport and on the plane flying back to Maine, and I must say that I hid the cover from view as much as possible. This is not a book you want to be caught reading! It just looks really stupid, like some sort of Barbie doll manual.

I probably wouldn't have bought this book for myself, but seeing as how it was a Christmas present from my mom, and that it was not too lengthy, I decided why not read it and see why I'm just not that into him either. I had low expectations for this book but I was pleasantly surprised. The errors of my current ways have been illuminated and I emerged from the end of this book feeling very empowered. Don't waste your time on "meantimers" which are guys who you don't actually like but just hang around them in the meantime. All the time you spend with these less than stellar guys leaves you no time to actually find the guy you deserve. It is a waste of time when you could be working on yourself, working on your life, figuring out what you want. Did I need a book to tell me these things? Probably not, but it does help to see it put so plainly and illustrated by so many examples.

I am reading book 50 as we speak. It has 400 pages. Was I crazy picking one so long? Perhaps.

No comments: